Sunday, June 27, 2010

Poop Time

There is something to be said about the appreciation of a child going to the bathroom (potty) and pooping.

This happened once when GLH was 1.5 months. She was a big girl and had a fluke when we thought she understood the concept of going potty.

Well since then she has been sporadically going to the potty and not consistently at all. To add insult to injury, she would only pee on the potty and was afraid to poop. Until that glorious day came, last Friday June 25, 2010.

GLH had her diaper off around poop time and followed her sister to the bathroom, sat on  her potty and tada, she pooped! I wanted to glorify her as she approached this momentous occasion but waited to see if it would happen again.

As I report here this current day, she pooped on the potty because I took her just in time. I left her pull-up off because she refused to put it back on and I should have read the clues. About 2 minutes later GLH dropped part 2 of the poop in the living room. Maybe she will one day experience another successful poop time.

SuperDad

2 comments:

  1. Well, when you teach her to poop come on down to MD and teach my 3 YEAR OLD! Potty training is the most frustrating thing I have ever done so my new method...the do nothing and eventually he will use the toilet method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kind of where I'm at. The worst is when she tells me that she pooped. Or the times she refuses to sit down because she pooped. I like the go-every-half-hour method because it gives me back my power and saves some money on the pull-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Please post comments here.