Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bonding with Q

I just bonded with my son when he cried out to me. It was 5:45 am and he isn't ready to wake up but he tries to. My other little one does the same thing.

What are they afraid of? What are they looking for?

I don't know but I am right by there side as soon as I can be. I either awake from sleep, rush out the bathroom, or rush up the flight of stairs to see if they are alright.

In this particular instance, Q was fine. He was nestled between a Barney and a PhilaU dog (stuffed animals) and my suspicions were answered. He was awake but in need of a hand so I put my finger out.

With the other hand I covered his moving legs and redirected my attention to my right hand (the one which he was grabbing). With my index finger being gripped, I stroke his little hand with my thumb in a calming and reassuring way of saying, "everything will be alright. I'm here!"

A glaze came over his eyes and he began to fall asleep. He opened his eyes after a few nods but finally knocked out. I had to share this because it just happened and, when I look back at this blog, it will be these times in which I remember my children and the wonderful gift of fatherhood they've given me.

SuperDad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post comments here.