We went down to DC, spent the night, didn't do much in terms of sight-seeing but Dad sure liked the hotel. It was in the city and had a pool. Next time we should stay outside of the city, still get a pool, and plan to do more sight-seeing activities. We should also leave Wilmington a lot sooner so that we can enjoy DC for more than a day. FYI: We left Delaware around 2PM.
HastyFamily, what were your thoughts about the trip? I asked you when it was going on and here is what you said:
- Molly: "I loved the Greek food (from Zorba's) and the pool was awesome!"
- Gabriella: I got to see the White House...
- Quentin: The pool was good. I wish I got to see other monuments in DC...
- Dad: We should have left sooner but at lease we swam in a pool and had an amazing bagel breakfast.
- Mom: "We are never going to the movies on a family vacation again."
For the record, Gabriella and I went to see the White House while everyone else sat in the car about 4 blocks away in Downtown DC.
Then you came back, did well and we were very happy! Yay Gabriella!