Sunday, April 7, 2013

What my name is...

No this is not Slim Shady. Nor is it Eminem. But according to how the story goes I am not Dad or Desmond Hasty either.

My son Quentin has been calling me "Das" for the past 2 weeks (approximately). My wife picked up on it and I am still clueless. How could he do this to me? How could he deliberately call me"Das"?

I'm sure I have been strict in how I discipline the Hasty Kids but for him to call me "Das" out of my name is uncalled for. Initially I still feel a little bit upset because it seems as if he's disrespecting me. But at 3 years old this is not a way he shows his disrespect. He is usually out-right defiant.

For example, I will ask him to do something and he will tell me no. He covertly asks me to repeat myself about 2-3 times or just doesn't respond to me but I'll elaborate on that in another post. Ultimately I am proud of Quentin either way and have accepted my new nickname as "Das" (which through my research he interchanges with Dad at random).